It’s the week before Christmas and if you like me your wondering about those last minute gifts for loved ones! Why not a break away for 2017? How about a night out in a nice restaurant? Or a heritage card for the year and a promise to do a lot more Galavanting!
Here are my top tips for getting the perfect Galavanting gift this year.
- Check out Hotel deals now! All hotels are selling special offers online for the first three months of next year in a bid to fill up their rooms. A lot of hotels are selling special weekend breaks also. Check out the Maldron Hotel group, Great National Hotel group, Jurys Inn and lots of other hotels that have fantastic sales on at the moment. A lot of them are selling vouchers now with 5-10% extra free.
- Check out the deal sites! Living Social, Deal rush, Pigs Back, Escapes.ie and Groupon all have amazing deals at the moment. Check out the hotel deal, always read the fine print, give the hotel a buzz to check that they have the dates you are looking for and get planning! For example if you go onto Pigs back right now you will see a deal for €49 for one nights B+B and a late check out in the Wyatt Hotel right smack bang in the center of Westport. An amazing spot for a weekend away and a short drive from Croagh Patrick.
- Give the gift of a Heritage Card. Heritage Cards are only €25 for adults for free entry for a year into all Irish Heritage sites such as Kilmainham Gaol, Clonmacnoise, Charles fort and lots of other places. And it will make you feel really important when you have a special card to flash on entering these places! 🙂
- Buy a voucher for an activity. For example, my next adventure are selling vouchers online now for Kayaking trips around Killaloe. You can buy cooking classes online or a voucher for a new restaurant. Thediningroom.ie have some great deals for restaurants.
- Gift some traveling paraphernalia! A tent for trips in the summer months, hiking boots for walks at any time of the year or even a snazzy camera! A travel journal is something that a loved one could record their bucket list in.
I hope I have given you even a little bit of inspiration for a few gifts if you are struggling! As always- Happy Galavanting! xxx